In compliance with the protocols, guidelines and restrictions put in place by the state and federal government, The Hills Learning Centre has and will continue to alter our protocols to ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff and families.
The Hills Learning Centre has implemented the following:
• Everyone must practice social distancing; staying 1.5 metres away from other people whenever possible. We have also rearranged our office set up so that staff and students are sitting 1.5m apart.
• Staff and management have ensured adequate space in each room in correspondance to the 1 person per 4m rule.
• No more than two people are to use any office or the kitchen area at any one time.
• Staff and students must self-isolate if they are sick, have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19, or have recently returned from overseas.
• Everyone must continue to practise good hygiene to protect against infection and prevent the virus spreading.
• cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
• put used tissues straight into the bin
• wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating, after going to the toilet and after using a tissue
• use alcohol-based hand sanitisers when entering and leaving The Hills Learning Centre
• avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
• Staff are to clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces, objects and resources at the end of each session, prior to the entrance of a new student.They are also to sanitise i-pads, computer keyboard, door handles and light switches.
In addition to this, The Hills Learning Centre has begun to make advances in the area of online learning. In addition to continuing to run our face-to-face lessons, we are now also giving students the opportunity to complete their lesson online online via Skype or Zoom.
As new restrictions and guidelines are put into place, we will continue to evolve our protocols to adhere to new measures.